Setting up your bidding logic to buy leads on a Ping Post
If you want to purchase leads from your Lead Supplier on a Ping Post, you have two options.
- You can use Lead Prosper's conditional pricing to determine the amount you want to bid based on the fields received from the ping.
- You can create an external API that will determine the amount you want to bid.
For either option, you will first need to makes sure you have the Ping Post Exchange turned on to be able to bid via Ping Post.
To determine the price you want to bid based on the fields received from the Ping:
- Turn on the Ping Post Exchange
- Check the Exclusive option
- Set your Default margin to 0%
- This is so your bid sent to your Lead Supplier will not be reduced based on the conditional pricing you set up
- Select the required fields you want to use to determine your bid
- These fields will be required by your Lead Supplier to be sent on the ping so the conditional pricing you set up will determine your bid.
- Add yourself as buyer
- When you get to Step #2 - Pricing there is where you'll create your conditional logic for your bids
- Keep the Bid penalty set at 0% and Margin override off
- In the below example screen shot below, the default bid is $10.00 and if the state field in the ping is FL, NC, or NY the bid returned will be $15.00. If the state field in the ping is CA, TX, or SC the bid returned will be $12.00.
- Continue and build out your buyer. As long as you do not select "Real time price" in a Ping Post configuration you will not override your conditional bid pricing.
To determine the price you want to bid based on an external API:
Follow the same steps, 1-4 above and then:
- Add yourself as a buyer
- Skip the conditional pricing
- When you get to "Real time action" - select Ping Post
- In your ping, when you choose your response type you will see an option for "Real time price"
- Turn this on and set the price key
Now when your Lead Supplier sends a ping, Lead Prosper will respond back with a bid based on either your conditional pricing or your external API's response!
At this point, it's still up to your Lead Supplier on whether or not they want to accept your bid and send you the full lead.